Summer & winter school study
Victoria University offers a range of summer and winter school elective units for students to undertake during the two main semester breaks. Units are offered at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
On this page
Summer & winter school enrolment
Summer school is also known as Study Period 3 and winter school is known as Study Period 4, both are only available for Higher Education students. When considering enrolling in a summer or winter unit, please be aware that enrolment is subject to minimum and maximum student numbers.
Benefits of summer & winter school study
- Lower student to teacher ratio
- Shorter time frame to complete a unit
- Faster completion of credit points toward your qualification
- Potential opportunity to repeat failed units in order to meet pre-requisites for the following semester
- Weekend classes and short intensives available in some instances.
Higher Education, Semester 4, 2016 (Winter school)
- 12 May 2016 – Timetable published
- 16 May 2016 – Online enrolment will be open for select units of study
- 23 May 2016 (4pm) – MyTimetable open in Allocation Adjustment Mode
- 6 June 2016 – Winter school semester 4 begins
- 8 June 2016 – Administrative Census date (online enrolment closes for timely amendments)
- 15 June 2016 – Census date (online enrolment closes)
- 17 June 2016 (4pm) – MyTimetable open in Read-only Mode
- 13 July 2016 – Examination timetable released
- 15 July 2016 – Winter school semester 4 finishes
- 18 July 2016 – Examinations begin
- 23 July 2016 – Examinations finish
- 8 August 2016 – Examination results released in MYVU portal
Step 1: Check which units are offered for summer or winter school (study period/semester 3 or 4). Unit information will be available from 1 May 2016. Please note that not all colleges offer units over summer/winter. Units being offered are subject to change at the discretion of Victoria University.
Step 2: Check the Timetable Planner to find out when the unit is offered. The timetable will be publish on 12 May 2016. You should ensure you check the timetable regularly for updates.
Step 3: Enrol online.
You will be able to enrol in available summer or winter school units online via MYVU Portal when enrolment opens. When selecting units, ensure you select semester 3 for summer of semester 4 for winter.
- Cross institutional inbound application and authorisation – A41b
- If you're not a VU student use this form to apply to study a unit at VU that will be counted towards your course at another institution.
- Non award Unit of Study application/enrolment (higher education) – A42
Use this form to apply to study a single higher education single subject that does not contribute to a course (non-award enrolment).
Information about enrolment fees and charges for domestic students can be found on our website.
If you have any questions about summer or winter school please contact the Student Service Centre.
Phone: +61 3 9919 6100
In person: Student Service Centre locations