Apply to study
- Find a course that suits your career or study goals.
- Check that you meet the entry requirements for your course, and prepare supporting documentation.
- Submit an application direct to VU or apply with the assistance of an education agent.
- Sign and return your Letter of Offer to study at VU, including your fee deposit.
Exchange or study abroad
- Speak to your university to find out if you are eligible as a Study Abroad or Exchange student.
- Select units (subjects) from our custom certificate programs or search for units that align with your course or study area.
- Submit your study abroad or exchange application.
- Sign and return your acceptance
If you are coming from overseas to study in Australia, you will need to apply for a student visa, and arrange your accommodation and flights, making sure you arrive in time for your international orientation.
Study at Victoria University
Victoria University (VU) in Melbourne, Australia is ranked in the world’s top 2% (Times Higher Education - THE - World University Rankings 2018).
As one of Australia's 39 public universities, VU is one of the largest and most culturally diverse institutions in Australia. VU graduates can be assured that their qualification is awarded by a university with a world-class education system.
In 2016, VU celebrated 100 years since the founding of our predecessor institution, the Footscray Technical School, and our 25th anniversary as a university.
Melbourne, Sydney, India and Asian locations
Choose to study in:
We often have staff from VU in your country. Meet us at an event to talk about your study options.
We are one of the largest and most culturally diverse education institutions in Australia. We have:
- more than 14,000 international students enrolled with us, with 8500 studying with 7 overseas partner universities.
- 500 students studying part of their degree overseas with over 120 international exchange partner institutions each year.
- 224,000 registered alumni with 28,760 residing overseas.
We strive to provide unique study and research opportunities through education, industry, community and government partnerships in Australia, throughout Asia and around the world.
Pathways to success
Being one of six universities in Australia to offer both vocational training (TAFE) and higher education, VU is able to provide attractive pathways from diplomas to degrees across a range of study areas.
Successful completion of a HE Diploma provides guaranteed entry into the second year of specific bachelor degrees, allowing you to save money while completing your degree in the same duration, with extra support in the first year.
In addition to the HE diplomas, many of our certificate and diploma courses are pathways into a bachelor degree, where you can receive credit for completing a TAFE course in business, dermal therapy or nursing.
Study in Melbourne
Our campuses & services
Our campuses provide a range of services to support your study.
- Our campuses
- Campus facilities
- Support services
- International student support
- Clubs and societies
- Student tools
- Housing & accommodation
We are committed to your safety and security while you study, and ensuring our campuses offer a safe and secure study environment.