We are commited to providing a culturally safe environment and access to education for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Our strong background in education and engagement has helped many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students reach their full potential at Victoria University.
Along with a broad range of courses for our students to choose from, Aboriginal TAFE and university subjects are available across a number of courses and programs at VU.
Applications to most VU courses are via our Online Admissions Centre, or through the Victoria Tertiary Admission Centre (VTAC).
Students should also complete the relevant section of the VTAC Special Entry Access Scheme, or the Special Consideration Application on VU direct applications.
Those interested in applying for a course should contact Moondani Balluk staff to discuss course options, and the range of support services and pastoral care available.
Assistance for Indigenous students
Advice & support
Moondani Balluk can help you with:
- ABSTUDY applications
- course and enrolment advice
- scholarships and awards
- access to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Resource Library
- referral to counselling, including discrimination advice and referral
- referrals and and finance matters
- social support through our campus locations, cultural awareness activities, community organisations and events
- graduations and the option to wear and keep the VU Aboriginal stole (a type of worn at VU )
- career and employment advice through cadetships, work experience and job listings.
There are a range of undergraduate scholarships and externally-funded scholarships available, and Moondani Balluk can assist you in your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students studying TAFE courses at Victoria University are eligible for indigenous student concessions. Moondani Balluk can also assist with a student grant and the application process.
Read more about our student successes
For details about our Indigenous Academic Unit staff, activities and support, please read our information. We have culturally safe spaces on campus for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students:
Footscray Park Campus
Building G, Level 1, Room G121
Footscray Nicholson Campus
Building N, Room N110
St Albans Campus
Building 4, Room 4S109
Send us an email, or give us a call to find out more about the ways we can support you.