How to support your child
One of the best ways you can help your child is to be informed about the study options available to them.
Easing the transition to university
Study with the VU Block Model®
We know you want the best for your children, and so do we. That's why we developed our revolutionary VU Block Model.
- one unit delivered at a time to maximise learning potential
- consistent support and guidance (with the same teacher for each unit)
- regular and ongoing feedback before completing all assignments
- practical, hands-on learning to graduate ready for work
- flexible timetables to offer them a balanced study and personal/work life.
Achieving success early in study is important for your child’s long-term confidence. By putting their needs first and easing their transition to tertiary study, your child will become a confident, independent learner and graduate ready for an exciting career.
VU – a great choice for you child
Whatever your child sees themselves doing in the future, further education may be the best way to get there.
Tertiary study doesn't just have to mean taking a traditional bachelor degree. They may also wish to consider studying a pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship, certificate or diploma course through our TAFE division.
At VU, you can be confident that your child will have access to the latest industry-relevant curriculum, flexible study options, and accomplished teaching staff who have earned high global rankings and a reputation for world-class research.
We are one of the most industry-connected universities in Australia. This means that our courses are designed with your child's future employability in mind. Our students graduate work-ready and are valued by employers in every sector.
VU graduates have been awarded:
- AOs and OAMs
- International Student of the Year
- Postgraduate International Student of the Year
- Victorian Young Achiever of Year
- Young Victorian of the Year.
Our graduates have also gone on to become:
- AFL coaches and players
- State Treasurer
- Indigenous leaders
- international cabinet ministers
- international government advisors
- members of parliament
- renowned thought leaders and educators
- scientists and engineers at Google, CSIRO and NASA.