Summer & winter school study

Victoria University offers a range of summer and winter school elective units for students to undertake during the two main semester breaks. Units are offered at undergraduate and postgraduate level.

On this page

Winter semester enrolment

There are a few important things to note when thinking about enrolling in winter units.

Please check the timetable regularly for updates.

Subject to minimum and maximum student numbers

We encourage you to submit your enrolment as soon as possible.

Winter enrolments close at 5pm on Friday 23 May.

You will be notified in the week beginning 26 May:

  • if you have been successful in enrolment
  • of cancellation of a unit due to low enrolments
  • if the unit is full.

Enrolment process

Higher Education students use the Unit of study amendment (higher education) - A13 form to enrol in a winter unit.

Many winter units require permission from your Course Coordinator before you can enrol.

Ask your Course Coordinator sign and write their name in Section D, question 9 before the form is submitted.

If you are unsure who your Course Coordinator is, check the College contacts page.

You will be advised in writing of the outcome of your application before the Unit commences.

Check the winter timetable prior to attending your first class for any updated information.

Enrolment forms

You can submit your completed form via ASKVU or in person at any VU Student Service Centre.


Information about enrolment fees and charges for domestic students can be found on our website.



  • There are no College of Business winter school subjects offered in 2014.


Engineering & Science

  • There are no College of Engineering & Science winter school subjects offered in 2014.

Health & Biomedicine

  • There are no College of Health & Biomedicine winter school subjects offered in 2014.

Law & Justice

Sport & Exercise Science

  • There are no College of Sport & Exercise Science winter school subjects offered in 2014.

Important dates

Enrolment opening date: 2 May 2014

Winter school dates: 2 June 2013 - 11 July 2014

Winter census date: 15 June 2014


If you have any questions about Summer or Winter School please contact the Student Service Centre.

Phone: +61 3 9919 6100
In person: Student Service Centre locations