Summer & winter school study
Victoria University offers a range of summer and winter school elective units for students to undertake during the two main semester breaks. Units are offered at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
On this page
Summer school enrolment
Summer school is also known as Study Period 3 and is only available for Higher Education students. When considering enrolling in a summer unit, please be aware that enrolment is subject to minimum and maximum student numbers.
Benefits of summer school study
- Lower student to teacher ratio
- Shorter time frame to complete a unit
- Faster completion of credit points toward your qualification
- Potential opportunity to repeat failed units in order to meet pre-requisites for the following semester
- Weekend classes and short intensives available in some instances.
Summer school enrolment, timetable & census dates will be published later in the year.
- 16 October 2015 - Timetable published.
- 9 November 2015 - Summer school semester commences.
- 29 January 2016 - Summer school semester ends.
Step 1: Check which units are offered for summer school (study period/semester 3). Please note that not all colleges offer units over summer/winter. Units being offered are subject to change at the discretion of Victoria University.
Please check back later in the year for more information about enrolment & which units will be offered.
Step 2: Check the Timetable Planner to find out when the unit is offered. You should ensure you check the timetable regularly for updates.
Step 3: Enrol, either online or by paper.
- If you enrolled in your course online, you will be able to enrol in available summer school units online via MYVU Portal when enrolment opens. When selecting units, ensure you select semester 3.
- If your course is not available for online enrolment, you can use the Unit of Study Amendment (higher education) form.
- Unit of study amendment (higher education) - A13
higher education students use this form to enrol in a unit(s) of study.
- Cross institutional inbound application and authorisation - A41b
If you're not a VU student use this form to apply to study a unit at VU that will be counted towards your course at another institution.
- Non award Unit of Study application/enrolment (higher education) - A42
Use this form to apply to study a single higher education single subject that does not contribute to a course (non-award enrolment).
Information about enrolment fees and charges for domestic students can be found on our website.
If you have any questions about summer or winter school please contact the Student Service Centre.
Phone: +61 3 9919 6100
In person: Student Service Centre locations