Summer & winter school study
Victoria University offers a range of summer and winter school elective units for students to undertake during the two main semester breaks. Units are offered at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
On this page
Summer semester enrolment
When considering enrolling in a summer unit, please be aware that enrolment is subject to minimum and maximum student numbers.
You should ensure you check the timetable regularly for updates.
Summer enrolment applications will be accepted from 27 October. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 7 November 2014.
You will be notified in the week beginning 30 October 2014:
- if you have been successful in enrolment
- of cancellation of a unit due to low enrolments
- if the unit is full.
We encourage you to submit your enrolment application as soon as possible.
Enrolment opening date: 27 October 2014 (applications accepted from 27 October)
Summer school dates: 10 November 2014 - 31 January 2015
Summer census date: 13 January 2015.
Enrolment process & forms
Higher Education students use the Unit of study amendment (higher education) - A13 form to enrol in a summer unit.
Many summer units require permission from your Course Coordinator before you can enrol. Refer to the relevant summer timetable below to find out whether or not the unit requires permission before enrolling.
Ask your Course Coordinator to sign and write their name in Section D, question 9 before the form is submitted.
If you are unsure who your Course Coordinator is, check the College contacts page.
You will be advised in writing of the outcome of your application before the Unit commences.
Check the summer timetable prior to attending your first class for any updated information.
- Unit of study amendment (higher education) - A13
higher education students use this form to enrol in a unit(s) of study.
- Cross institutional inbound application and authorisation - A41b
If you're not a VU student use this form to apply to study a unit at VU that will be counted towards your course at another institution.
- Non award Unit of Study application/enrolment (higher education) - A42
Use this form to apply to study a single higher education single subject that does not contribute to a course (non-award enrolment).
Information about enrolment fees and charges for domestic students can be found on our website.
- Victoria Graduate School of Business Summer timetable 2014/2015
- Business summer timetable 2014/2015 (City Flinders)
- Business summer timetable 2014/2015 (Footscray Park)
- Education summer timetable 2014/2015 (Footscray Park)
- Education summer timetable 2014/2015 (St Albans)
Engineering & Science
Health & Biomedicine
Law & Justice
- Law and Justice summer timetable 2014/2015 (City Queen)
- Law and Justice summer timetable 2014/2015 (Footscray Park)
Sport & Exercise Science
If you have any questions about summer or winter school please contact the Student Service Centre.
Phone: +61 3 9919 6100
In person: Student Service Centre locations