ARC and NHMRC
There is an additional process for ARC and NHMRC schemes, which must first go through an internal ARC/NHMRC Intent to Apply phase before they can be considered for external submission.
In order to submit a grant application at Victoria University you need to:
- organise peer review
- obtain the formal support of your College, Institute or Centre
- provide information for HERDC and MORA data collection via the Office for Research cover sheet.
The process is as follows:
- Advise the Office for Research of your intention to submit (via email to email@example.com).
- Approach peer reviewers (1 for <$50k; 2 for >$50k VU income and ARC/NHMRC), agree to timelines and provide them with form. For more information about the peer review process see peer review for external grant applications.
- After peer review and final draft completed, fill in and sign Part 1 of the cover sheet and have it reviewed and signed by your College (Dean or Research Director), or Centre / Institute Director.
- Submit application to OFR with fully signed cover sheet at least 5 days before due date for compliance and eligibility checking. For more information see Office for Research cover sheet.
When a Dean, College Research Director or Director of Institute/Centre is named as a researcher on the application, a delegate / deputy will have to sign in their place.
In 'Grants & funding application process':
Internal EOI for external research funding applications
Outlines process when external funding body restricts applications that can be submitted by VU.
Peer review for external grant applications
Outlines the peer review process for external grant applications, includes links to feedback forms.
Office for Research cover sheet
Information about the Office for Research cover sheet & when it should be used.