Your pre-candidature may be extended for a defined period up to a maximum of 12 months (EFT) from the commencement of your pre-candidature phase. To obtain an extension you must have experienced unanticipated difficulties during the pre-candidature period as a result of one or more of the following:
- disruption to supervision
- change in focus and direction of the proposed project
- revision required in the review process leading up to presentation for candidature
- difficulties in scheduling of candidature confirmation deliberations and/or in convening a suitable confirmation panel
- documented personal illness or other serious personal difficulties
- other unforeseen disruptions beyond your control that have directly impacted on your capacity to prepare for candidature.
Complete an application for extension form.
If you need to extend your pre-candidature, please contact the Office for Researcher Training, Quality and Integrity within six months (effective full-time) of the commencement of your pre-candidature.