Research Services monitors, promotes, administers and reports Victoria University's research activities.
We provide support to VU researchers in the areas of:
- research development and training
- external and internal grants programs coordination, administration and review assistance
- research contracts negotiation support and administration
- human and animal ethics and biosafety administration
- research performance data collection and reporting.
From 2018 Research Services will exist to support and enable the University’s research activity through a range of operational and strategic services delivered to University researchers and management. The services, support and team members will be as follows:
For more information regarding research funding opportunities, ethics applications or research development, please phone us on +61 3 9919 5577 or email email@example.com.
We are located in Building C, Room C302 at the Footscray Park campus.
Office of the Director
Ms Donna Hannan
Director, Research Services
+61 3 9919 4708 | firstname.lastname@example.org
+61 3 9919 5577 | email@example.com
Research Partnerships (including Research Funding)
Areas of expertise and service in this area include:
- Research funding (external and internal funding) | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HDR scholarships | Email: email@example.com
- Research agreements (financial and non-financial agreements) | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activity required for the commercialisation of research (including patenting and licensing)
- Supporting University level research partnerships with industry, community and government.
Staff in Research Partnerships team
- Deputy Director – Research Partnerships: Dr Andrew Gaff
- Manager, Research Funding and Scholarships: Nita Eng
- Manager, Industry and International Partnerships: Rocio Vucetich Karibian
- Manager, Research Contracts: Louise Bester
- Research Funding and Scholarships Officer (job share): Debra Fitzpatrick and Irena Dzuteska
- Research Funding and Partnerships Officer: Li (Helly) He
- Senior Research Contracts Administrator: Filomena Parente
Research Strategy, Policy & Infrastructure
Areas of service and support include:
- Support for the development and implementation of University level research strategy and policy
- Provision of research performance data management and reporting services
- Biosafety | Email: email@example.com
- Animal facilities | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Animal ethics and animal welfare services | Email: email@example.com
- MORA- measuring individual research activity| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
From 2018, the research integrity and human research ethics services, policy and support are located within the Office for Researcher Training, Quality & Integrity.
Research Strategy, Policy & Infrastructure Team members:
- Deputy Director – Research Strategy, Policy and Infrastructure: Bree Nicholas
- Manager, Biosafety and Infrastructure): Dr Faten Zaibak
- Animal Welfare Officer: Joshua Lynch
- Manager, Research Performance and Reporting: Alex Skevofylakas
- ERA Project Manager: John Cooney
- Research Performance Information Analyst: Geordie Zhang
- Information Systems and Support Officer: Anastasios (Tassos) Eleftheriadis
- Animal Facilities Operations Supervisor: Anne Luxford
- Technical and Research Support Officer: Margaret Veale
- Laboratory Manager – Western Centre for Health Research and Education: Varsha Lal
- Laboratory Technician: Nicole Christie.
Supporting the VU researcher
The following areas include further information about how we support the VU researcher: