Our onshore ceremonies are held in Melbourne in August and December. Dates are subject to change and will be confirmed six weeks prior to the ceremonies.
The University's graduation ceremonies are livestreamed on YouTube.
The second round of ceremonies will run from Tuesday 11 to Thursday 13 December 2018.
Ceremony 1 - 10am, Tuesday 11 December
- College of Health and Biomedicine (all courses except nursing, midwifery and paramedicine).
Ceremony 2 - 2pm, Tuesday 11 December
- College of Health and Biomedicine (nursing, midwifery and paramedicine).
Ceremony 3 - 9.30am, Wednesday 12 December
- College of Engineering and Science
- College of Sport and Exercise Science.
Ceremony 4 - 1.30pm, Wednesday 12 December
- College of Business (undergraduate & postgraduate accounting, banking and finance combinations)
- VU College.
Ceremony 5 - 5.30pm, Wednesday 12 December
- College of Business (all remaining undergraduate specialisations and postgraduate other than accounting, banking and finance combinations)
- College of Law and Justice.
Ceremony 6 - 10.00am, Thursday 13 December
- College of Arts and Education (undergraduate education courses).
Ceremony 7 - 2.00pm, Thursday 13 December
- College of Arts and Education (postgraduate education and all arts courses).
Eligibility to graduate
Eligible students receive an email invitation with the date and time of their ceremony six to eight weeks prior to the ceremony round.
The invitation has instructions on:
- how to finalise your registration to attend graduation
- how to book academic dress
- purchasing guest tickets.
Eligible VU Sydney students are invited to attend a ceremony in Melbourne.
Melbourne ceremonies are held in the Flemington Racecourse Grandstand, Epsom Rd, Flemington.
Free parking is available at Flemington Racecourse. You can enter via Gate 1 (Main Gate) in Epsom Road or Gate 2 (Hill Entrance) in Leonard Crescent off Langs Road. Parking attendants will direct you to the reserved parking area.
Graduation ceremonies are not recommended for children under six as they are formal and long (approximately 2 hours). If you do bring kids under six, their attendance is free, but they'll need to sit on your knee as seats are limited.
Leave your strollers at home, as you can't bring prams into the theatre due to access and safety regulations.
You'll need to purchase a guest ticket for kids older than six to attend.