In the last round of ERA rankings in 2018, Victoria University received the following ratings in the ERA program:
The highest rating of 5 (well above world standard) in:
- Engineering (FoR 09)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (FoR 906)
- Human Movement and Sport Science (FoR 1106)
- Nursing (FoR 1110)
- Medical Physiology (FoR 1116)
- Public Health and Health Services (FoR 1117).
A rating of 4 (above world standard) in:
- Applied Mathematics (FoR 0102)
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing (FoR 0801)
- Chemical Sciences (FoR 03)
- Biological Sciences (FoR 06)
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology (FoR 0601)
- Chemical Engineering (FoR 0904)
- Food Sciences (FoR 0908)
- Medical and Health Sciences (FoR 11)
- Mathematical Sciences (FoR 01).
A rating of 3 (world standard) in:
- Civil Engineering (FoR 0905)
- Cultural Studies (FoR 2002).
- Education (FoR 13)
- Information and Computing Sciences (FoR 08)
- Information Systems (FoR 0806)
- Nutrition and Dietetics (FoR 1111)
- Other Studies in Human Society (FoR 1699)
- Policy and Administration (FoR 1605)
- Psychology and Cognitive Sciences (FoR 17)
- Sociology (FoR 1608)
- Specialist Studies in Education (FoR 1303)
- Studies in Human Society (FoR 16)
- Tourism (FoR 1506).
For further information about research being undertaken at VU, view our research focus areas.
"The results confirm that our multi-disciplinary flagship research areas in Sport, Health and Active Living and Sustainable Industries and Liveable Cities are underpinned by disciplinary excellence that is at, and in many instances, exceeding world standard."
Professor Peter Dawkins, Vice-Chancellor and President, Victoria University
News: VU research judged as world-class, grows in new rankings (March 2018).