In the last round of ERA rankings in 2018, Victoria University received the following ratings in the ERA program:
The highest rating of 5 (well above world standard) in:
- Engineering (FoR 09)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (FoR 906)
- Human Movement and Sport Science (FoR 1106)
- Nursing (FoR 1110)
- Medical Physiology (FoR 1116)
- Public Health and Health Services (FoR 1117).
A rating of 4 (above world standard) in:
- Applied Mathematics (FoR 0102)
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing (FoR 0801)
- Chemical Sciences (FoR 03)
- Biological Sciences (FoR 06)
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology (FoR 0601)
- Chemical Engineering (FoR 0904)
- Food Sciences (FoR 0908)
- Medical and Health Sciences (FoR 11)
- Mathematical Sciences (FoR 01).
A rating of 3 (world standard) in:
- Civil Engineering (FoR 0905)
- Cultural Studies (FoR 2002).
- Education (FoR 13)
- Information and Computing Sciences (FoR 08)
- Information Systems (FoR 0806)
- Nutrition and Dietetics (FoR 1111)
- Other Studies in Human Society (FoR 1699)
- Policy and Administration (FoR 1605)
- Psychology and Cognitive Sciences (FoR 17)
- Sociology (FoR 1608)
- Specialist Studies in Education (FoR 1303)
- Studies in Human Society (FoR 16)
- Tourism (FoR 1506).
For further information about research being undertaken at VU, view our research focus areas.
News: VU research judged as world-class, grows in new rankings (March 2018).