Soroptimist International Melbourne offers a scholarship to support the education of women of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
Applicants must have successfully completed their first year of their undergraduate degree and be enrolled in their second or third year.
Applications are now closed.
Value & benefits
Recipients will receive $3,000 per annum for the degree(s) duration, up to a maximum of 2 years.
Scholarship applications are open to students who:
- are female
- of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- have successfully completed first year of their bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 60% pass rate in 75% of units
- are enrolled or enrolling in the second or third year of their course
- are Australian citizens or permanent residents
- can demonstrate that the scholarship would make a significant difference to their capacity to continue their education.
Please provide the following documentation in support of your application:
- curriculum vitae or CV (maximum 2 pages)
- brief cover letter and personal statement (800—1,000 words) addressing the following criteria:
- a statement about your reasons for your chosen course of study
- explanation of the extent to which the scholarship will make a significant difference to your capacity to continue your education
- your study and career goals
- reference – contact details for one reference or written statement supporting your application.
Assessment & selection
Applicants will be assessed on:
- their academic ability
- how the scholarship will assist the them in their studies and career goals.
The selection panel will consider each applicant’s:
- academic progress and stage within the study program
- community involvement and participation
- personal and/or family circumstances.