The IBC meets six times per year. Take note of the committee dates, locations and closing of submissions for the agenda.
Submissions must be received before 5pm on:
- Wednesday 26 January for the meeting on Wednesday 16 February 2022.
- Wednesday 9 March for the meeting on Wednesday 30 March 2022.
- Wednesday 11 May for the meeting on Wednesday 1 June 2022.
- Wednesday 6 July for the meeting on Wednesday 27 July 2022.
- Wednesday 14 September for meeting on Wednesday 5 October 2022.
- Wednesday 9 November for meeting on Wednesday 30 November 2022.
To ensure your Institutional Biosafety application is reviewed by the committee, you must follow the agenda closure dates.
Send your applications for pre-review to the Biosafety Manager 10 working days before the agenda closure date for the relevant meeting.
Due to the tight timeline, documents received at Research Services after 5pm on the agenda closure date will be put on hold until the following meeting.
Submission of Annual Progress Report/Final Report
For all ongoing projects that have been approved by the Institutional Biosafety Committee, investigators must complete:
- Annual Progress reports during the life of the project
- and a Final report, which is to be completed on completion of the project.
- Applications for storage of GMOs must be made before expiry of the current IBC project approval.
Annual Reports for all IBC Projects are due to be submitted to [email protected] by mid-December.