3MT 2016 VU Final
The Victoria University 3MT Final held on 26 August 2016 saw eight doctoral research candidates battle it out to present their research in a nail biting 3 minutes.
Mary Woessner from the College of Sport & Exercise Science won the University’s 3 Minute Thesis Final for her presentation: BEET Heart Failure. Mary also won the People’s Choice Prize and will go on to represent Victoria University at the 3MT Asia Pacific Final at the University of Queensland on 30 September 2016. Congratulations Mary and our hearty best wishes for the Asia-Pacific Finals in September!
For the first time we had two runners-up and we congratulate both of them too:
- Cara Timpani from College of Health & Biomedicine for her presentation: Metabolic Therapy as a Superhero Treatment for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- Ghofran Al-Nasiri from College of Engineering & Science for her presentation: Microencapsulation of Natural Additives in Packaging for Safer and Saved Food.
The eight finalists were:
- Ikechukwu (Anthony) Ike (College of Engineering & Science)
- Mary Woessner (College of Sport & Exercise Science)
- Cara Timpani (College of Health & Biomedicine)
- Sherryl Clark (College of Arts)
- Luca Oppici (College of Sport & Exercise Science)
- Alireza Eseaeili (College of Sport & Exercise Science)
- Sompasong Phommasane (College of Business)
- Ghofran Al-Nasiri (College of Engineering & Science)