Learn to influence and motivate others to work together towards a common goal, with a Leading a Team short course at Victoria University Polytechnic.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, the workshop will be delivered via Zoom over 2 sessions. Participants will receive the Zoom link 2 days prior to the workshop commencing.
|22–29 October 2020||9am–1pm||Session 1: 22 October, session 2: 29 October|
This professional-development workshop is suitable for anyone seeking to improve their leadership style. Individuals from any industry, job role, community or sporting organisation are encouraged to join.
At the completion of the workshop you will:
- understand the process of consulting with team members to develop team and individual plans that align with organisational and operational plans
- recognise different leadership styles
- be able to describe your leadership style and approaches
- have a clear understanding of how to effectively monitor the performance of your team
- know how to use common feedback strategies
- understand how to develop strategies to support and assist the needs of your team members.
Teams consist of a number of diverse individuals with different perceptions, assumptions, attitudes and values. Therefore leading a team is often a very challenging task that requires a number of specific leadership skills in order to ensure success for both the organisation and the individuals. This workshop will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively lead teams to ensure cohesiveness, cooperation, higher productivity and greater levels job satisfaction.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- what does leading the team mean;
- way to be a successful team leader, and;
- how to you build a good team.
Outcomes for this course will help individuals to tailor their leadership style and communication methods to influence and motivate others to work together towards common goals.
Admission & pathways
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee you entry into this course. Some courses receive more applications than the number of places available. In this situation we will also assess your education, work and other relevant experience.
This course has no specific admission requirements.
How to register
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this workshop will be delivered via Zoom. Participants will receive the Zoom link 2 days prior to the workshop commencing.
Participants will require a basic level of computer skills and access to a computer with audio capability, including microphone and speaker.