Learn to influence and motivate others to work together towards a common goal, with a Leading a Team short course at Victoria University Polytechnic.
This professional-development workshop is suitable for anyone seeking to improve their leadership style. Individuals from any industry, job role, community or sporting organisation are encouraged to join.
At the completion of the workshop you will:
- understand the process of consulting with team members to develop team and individual plans that align with organisational and operational plans
- recognise different leadership styles
- be able to describe your leadership style and approaches
- have a clear understanding of how to effectively monitor the performance of your team
- know how to use common feedback strategies
- understand how to develop strategies to support and assist the needs of your team members.
Teams consist of several diverse individuals with different perceptions, assumptions, attitudes and values. Therefore leading a team is often a very challenging task that requires a number of specific leadership skills to ensure success for both the organisation and the individuals. This workshop will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively lead teams to ensure cohesiveness, cooperation, higher productivity and greater levels of job satisfaction.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- what does leading the team mean;
- way to be a successful team leader, and;
- how to build a good team.
The outcomes of this course will help individuals to tailor their leadership style and communication methods to influence and motivate others to work together towards common goals.
Admission & pathways
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee you entry into this course. Some courses receive more applications than the number of places available. In this situation we will also assess your education, work and other relevant experience.
This course has no specific admission requirements.
How to register
Enquire now – TAFE
Please fill out the form below, and we'll get back to you shortly.