VU College brings together the University’s delivery of English language courses, pathway diplomas and courses at VU Sydney and with international education partners.
Our courses are designed to meet the needs of international students who choose to complete part or all of their studies in Australia, or complete a VU qualification with one of our international education partners.
The College delivers:
- Higher Education (HE) diplomas in Australia and with our international education partners in China
- English language courses, in Australia and China, to prepare our students for academic study, or improve general English literacy
- Bachelor and masters degrees internationally with our international education partners in China, Malaysia, Singapore, Myanmar and Vietnam
- Courses for international students at our VU Sydney campus.
Currently we have more than 7000 students around the world, studying in one of these courses.
In 'VU College':
Courses we offerOur courses meet the needs of international students who choose to complete part or all of their studies in Australia, or with one of our international partners.
College staffContact one of our college staff to discuss any of our programs and partnerships. Or make a course enquiry via one of our international contacts.
On this page
By focusing the management, development and delivery of these activities through one specialist area, we can:
- offer tailored study pathways to international students through a ‘one-stop-shop’ approach
- build on existing successful partnerships to continue to develop a customised education opportunities overseas
- continue to develop our engagement with Asia expand, through programs, partnerships and research opportunities
- expand the courses offered at our Sydney campus, in collaboration with the Education Centre of Australia (ECA).
A Message from the Executive Director
Welcome to Victoria University College – your pathway to a degree at Victoria University. Each year, more than 8,000 students from diverse countries, cultures and educational backgrounds choose to study at VU College in Australia or internationally.
A leading pathway provider, we offer English language courses and diplomas that enable direct entry into the second year of bachelor degrees at Victoria University. With a strong global focus, our diplomas and English language courses are designed and delivered to meet the needs of international students.
We provide a personalised and highly supportive learning environment in which to prepare students for Australian university degrees and long-term academic success. Our students have more contact time in the classroom and access to all VU services, support and facilities.
Along with scholarships and a vibrant social calendar, VU College is a great option for both international and Australian students who want to graduate with a globally recognised VU degree. Regardless of where you were born or what career goals you have, VU College will help you strive for success.
Learning new skills, expanding her experiences and developing career opportunities were among the reasons that brought Indian student Daljeet Bhogal to Victoria University.
Burundi-born VU student Pierre Rutomera came to Australia with limited English language skills. Thanks to VU English, he is now able to speak and write fluently.
Not entirely convinced she wanted to study a business degree, Danielle Walton enroled in the Diploma of Business (Enterprise) at VU College to give herself a “taste” of what to expect.
Completing the Diploma of Information Technology at VU College has opened a number of new doors for Andrew Bottriell.
After earning a diploma in accounting from Shandong Jianzhu University, Yuqi Jiao enroled at VU English – Victoria University’s English language centre – to strengthen his English skills in preparation for a VU degree.
Despite moving solo to a foreign country, international student Shaneal Williams has felt a wealth of support since she arrived at Victoria University in 2014.
Naturally, Lashini Andradi was a bundle of nerves when she moved from her home country of Sri Lanka to study at Victoria University in Melbourne.
With his sights set on a globally recognised Australian degree, international student Shuyan Hu left his home country of China in 2014 to get his foot in the door at Victoria University.
For Persian-born Parsa Haghighi, moving to Melbourne has opened his eyes to a melting pot of people and cultures.
VU Sydney campus is situated in the heart of Sydney’s city centre, and offers courses to international students in business and technology.
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
- Master of Business (Accounting)
Computer science courses
- Bachelor of Business (Information Systems Management)
- Graduate Diploma of Computer Science
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Applied Information Technology
- Master of Business (Information Systems and ERP Systems)
English language study
VU English, our English language centre provides nationally accredited English language courses, specifically designed to assist in achieving the required level of English for direct entry into a VU diploma or degree.
English language courses available:
These courses are taught in Melbourne’s city centre, less than 5 minutes’ walk from Flinders Street station, the main train station.
VU ELICOS has 9 intakes per year, which means that VU can ensure that you complete your required English study, just prior to commencing your academic studies.
Our Cambridge Examinations Centre is an authorised Cambridge University English Language examination centre, located within the University. We are the only Cambridge exam centre located at a Victorian university. Students from any language centre in Melbourne are welcome to take their tests with us.