Support services for international students include:
- pre-departure information
- free airport reception service on your arrival in Melbourne (this must be pre-booked)
- an international orientation program to assist with your transition to living in Melbourne and studying at VU
- support as you settle into life in Melbourne and at VU
- assistance with university processes specific to international students
- help understanding what is expected of you as a student visa holder
- assistance with health issues and referral to health services (contact us if you experience serious illness or are hospitalised)
- social activities, events and information sessions
- help to become involved in your local community
- assistance and support with cultural issues
- support in times of natural disaster or other events in your home country
- workplace concerns
- personal support and advice.
If you plan to bring your family (spouse/de facto partner and/or children) to Australia as dependents, read about the factors you need to consider.
Have you already been accepted to study at VU? Check out the important information and resources for current students.