We will work to make your experience at VU positive. We understand the challenges international students face as you adjust to a new culture and environment, make new friends, and successfully complete your studies. Be assured you are not alone. We are here to help.
Senior Advisors (International) support you during your time at VU and in Melbourne. We can help you understand what is required of you as an international student and help you through any issues you may experience.
Support services for international students include:
- pre-departure information - after you've accepted your offer we'll send you a pre-departure pack
- free airport reception service on your arrival in Melbourne (this must be pre-booked)
- an orientation program to assist with your transition to living in Melbourne and studying at VU
- help settling in to life in Melbourne and study at VU
- assistance with university processes that are specific to international students
- help understanding what is expected of you as a student visa holder
- support for general and personal issues that may affect your ability to study
- referral to health services
- a range of social activities, programs and support for involvement in your local community
- assistance and support on cultural issues
- support in times of natural disaster and home country events that may impact your wellbeing
- support and encouragement
- health issues and referral to health services.