Academic entry requirements for certificates, diplomas & advanced diplomas
Academic requirements are outlined on each certificate, diploma or advanced diploma course page. We will assess your eligibility when we receive your complete application.
Check that your qualification meets the international academic entry requirements for a course.
English language requirements for certificates, diplomas & advanced diplomas
English language requirements are outlined on each certificate, diploma or advanced diploma course page. Please check the details carefully as some courses have specific English language requirements. As a guide, for the majority of courses you will need to provide evidence that you have achieved one of the following levels of English language proficiency:
- IELTS (Academic module): Overall score of 5.5 (no band less than 5.0)
- TOEFL Internet: Overall score of 55. Section scores no less than:
- Listening: 9
- Speaking: 16
- Reading: 10
- Writing: 18
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 42-49 (no section score less than 40)
- University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 162. No individual band less than 154.
- VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 4): achieved.
IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and CAE: These tests must be taken no more than two years prior to commencing your course.
In some cases, we will accept test results from other methods of examination not listed above.
Check the English language requirements to see if you qualify for an English language exemption.