Eligibility & exemptions
Your application will be assessed to determine your eligibility for a payment plan.
Prior to 2018, our payment plan was managed by a different agency, Debit Success.
If you have an arrangement with Debit Success, you will remain with them unless you advise the University otherwise.
Students with pre-2018 arrangements with Debit Success should follow the Debit Success payment plan.
You may be eligible for a payment plan if you are:
- a domestic student (Australian Citizen/Australian Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizen/Permanent Humanitarian Visa) and
- studying a VE/TAFE course.
The following groups are not eligible for a payment plan:
- International students - please refer to Fee Extension.
- Higher Education students.
- Students studying short courses.
- Australian Citizens and Humanitarian Visa holders who are studying courses that are part of the VET Student Loan (VSL) program. Students on this category must defer or pay their tuition fees upfront prior to census date. Only materials, auxiliary and student amenities fees can be put under the payment plan. If you have reached the maximum VSL amount, your excess tuition fee that is not covered by VSL can also be put on a payment plan.
- Students who are eligible for VET FEE HELP must defer or pay their tuition fees upfront prior to census date. Only materials, auxiliary and student amenities fees can be put under the payment plan
If you are eligible for a VET Student Loan, please provide your Tax File Number (TFN) before applying for a payment plan. If you fail to submit your TFN, your payment plan application will be declined. You must also allow 2 business days from the time of your TFN submission before submitting your payment plan application.
Further exclusions may apply.