Due to some technical issues with our appointment booking system, CUA Appointments are closed until further notice. We expect appointments to re-open on Monday 11 March and will continue to update this page with the most up to date information.
Each College at VU has Course and Unit Advisors (CUAs) to help our students. They are the first point of contact if you need administrative assistance and advice relating to your course at VU.
CUAs have a broad range of knowledge and expertise on the coursework programs within their College. They can provide help and guidance with most practical course-related matters.
Course & Unit Advisors (CUAs)
CUAs provide a range of academic administration services and course-specific advice.
Ask your College CUA about:
- mapping your course
- choosing or changing units or electives
- creating a study plan to fit around your commitments
- resolving timetable issues.
They can approve requests for:
- short assignment extensions
- unit waivers
- cross-institutional study applications
- Reduced Study Load applications
- CoE extensions.
CUA drop-in sessions at VUHQ
Throughout the year, Course and Unit Advisors (CUAs) will be at VUHQ student service centres to perform some services, such as form approvals, that do not require an appointment. We encourage you to visit your CUA during their dedicated drop-in times at VUHQ for the following one-to-one services.
- Timetable issue resolution – For help solving timetable clashes or class allocation issues that you've been unable to put right using MyTimetable.
- Unit selection/amendment – To receive help choosing the right units to enrol into to meet the requirements of your course.
- Domestic and International form assessment – For advice on your entitlement to apply for Waiver of Unit Rules Forms, Short Assignment Extensions, Reduced Study Load Applications, CoE Extensions and Cross-Institutional Study Applications.
- Course transfer advice – For specific advice on transferring to other courses at VU, including how the units you have already successfully completed will apply towards a new course.
- Advanced Standing application assistance – If you are having difficulty completing the advanced standing application and need help understanding how your previously completed units will apply towards VU credit.
- Progression enquiries – If you are in the final year of your course, your CUA can confirm that you are enrolled in the correct units to graduate.
- Results queries – If you have been unsuccessful in completing a unit and require assistance understanding how this will affect your progression, or if you are seeking to dispute a grade.
Book an appointment with a CUA
Why make an appointment?
Some services, like teach out course mapping, take time and require more in-depth support from your CUA.
You can make an appointment to speak one-to-one with a CUA in your college if you need one of the following services:
- Detailed course advice – If you are unable to follow the standard delivery plan for your course due to receiving Advanced Standing credits, changes in your course structure or unsuccessful completion of units.
- Teach-out course mapping – If you are currently studying a course in teach-out mode and require assistance with selecting units for enrolment.
- Victoria Abroad Overseas Study Plans – If you are a student undertaking an exchange program overseas and are seeking approval for your completed Overseas Study Plan.
You can book an appointment online, via ASKVU by first selecting the relevant button.
Arts, Business & Law
Engineering, Science & IT
Health & biomedicine
Community, Psychology, Allied & Sport
Once you have logged in to ASKVU, you’ll be prompted to select the:
- main campus where your course is based (phone appointments also available)
- type of service you need
- course you are enrolled in
- preferred date and time from the available appointments.
You'll receive an email confirming your appointment. We will also send you a reminder on the day of your appointment.
Our team of Course and Unit Advisors are broken into five specialist groups who work together to support their student cohort. To see a full list of courses assigned to each specialist group, click the specialist group below: