Student Advocacy provides advice, support, representation and assistance with the preparation and presentation of your views, with regards to:
- applying for short extension and special consideration
- applying for supplementary and alternative exams
- exam assessment support for special exams
- further review of individual assessments after discussion with your assessor (or Course and Unit Advisor for entire unit) within 5 days of results
- when your academic progress is unsatisfactory and you are preparing for a show cause hearings
- attending an academic or general misconduct hearing (e.g. if you have been accused of plagiarism, cheating, or behaving contrary to the wellbeing of the University community)
- submitting a student appeal of an eligible University decision
- submitting a request for a remission of fees under exceptional circumstances
- the student complaint resolution process.
We are guided by VU's Independent Advocacy Service Charter for Students, which outlines our commitment to providing confidential support to students.