Student Advocacy provides you with advice, support, representation and assistance with the preparation and presentation of your views. We are guided by VU's Independent Advocacy Service Charter for Students, which outlines our commitment to providing confidential support to students.
Student Advocacy will provide advice, or help you to prepare and present your own views, with regards to:
- your academic progress
- when your course progress is unsatisfactory
- show cause hearings
- student appeals related to your academic progress
- attending an academic misconduct hearing (eg, if you have been accused of plagiarism or cheating)
- applying for short extension special consideration
- applying for supplementary and alternative exams
- exam assessment support for special exams
- the student complaint resolution process
- further review of individual assessments after discussion with your assessor (or Course and Unit Advisor for entire unit) within 5 days of results.