Domestic and International students can apply for remission of fees if special circumstances apply to you, and because of those circumstances you have:
- withdrawn from your studies after the census date
- not completed the requirements for a unit of study (i.e. received a fail grade)
- been suspended or excluded after census date.
Eligible for remission
To be eligible for a remission of fees, you are required to meet the below criteria:
- your circumstances were beyond your control
- your circumstances did not make their full impact on you until on or after the census date for the unit
- it became apparent after the census date that you could not continue with your study
- the circumstances existed prior to the census date, but your circumstances prevented you from withdrawing from study before the census date.
Not eligible for remission
You are not eligible for a remission of fees:
- if you have successfully completed the unit(s)
- due to lack of knowledge or understanding of the requirements under the loan schemes
- due to your incapacity to repay a HELP debt
- due to lack of knowledge of how HELP loan(s) works.