Currently training in civil construction or working in the construction industry? Learn how to operate an elevating work platform and add a key skill to your resume.
|8 July 2019||8am–4pm||One session|
|9 September 2019||8am–4pm||One session|
|4 November 2019||8am–4pm||One session|
The trades and civil construction industry is booming in Australia and skilled workers are in demand. This short course will teach you how to safely and effectively operate some types of elevated work platforms across a variety of terrains and work-based situations.
You will gain essential skills in:
- accessing, interpreting and applying elevating work platforms documentation and ensuring the work activity is compliant
- obtaining, reading, interpreting, clarifying and confirming work requirements
- selecting and wearing personal protective equipment appropriate for work activities
- identifying and selecting any required tools and equipment, checking for serviceability and rectifying or reporting any faults prior to commencement
- performing pre-start and post start inspections/checks.
In order to be issued a Statement of Attainment, for TNAAH Operate Elevating Work Platform, a student must complete the core unit.
Recognition of Prior Learning and/or Credit Transfers
Previous completion of units at the Polytechnic or any other Registered Training Organisation and/or previous attainment of skills and knowledge may be credited towards this course.
Gain the competency required to safely and effectively operate some types of elevated work platforms in a variety of different terrains and situations to access isolated work areas. You will learn how to interpret documentation, clarify work requirements, effectively use safety equipment and how to perform pre-start and post-start checks. An expectation to have this skill from industry will increase your chance to gain employment in the construction industry.
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee you entry into this course.
Some courses receive more applications than the number of places available. In this situation we will also assess your education, work and other relevant experience.