- Global rankings:
- top 2% of universities worldwide (Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2019)
- 56 in the world’s top 200 universities under the age of 50 (THE Young University Rankings 2017).
- World-class courses:
- Tier 1 MBA (CEO Magazine, 2017)
- top 21 globally for sport science education (ShanghaiRanking: Academic Rankings of World Universities).
- 2nd in Australia for computer science (THE World University Rankings by Subject 2018)
- 3rd in Australia for engineering and technology (THE World University Rankings by Subject 2018).
- Flexible study options:
- One of the few universities in Australia to offer courses in both vocational education and training, and higher education
- We are one of the largest providers of Australian qualifications in the People's Republic of China. We provide courses through partnerships with several universities, including Liaoning University in Shenyang, the Central University of Finance and Economics in Beijing, and Henan University in Kaifeng
- Gain workplace learning so you will be job-ready from the day you graduate.
- Diverse student community:
- More than 100 years’ experience educating students.
- 55+ years' experience teaching international students - 25 of them through international delivery partnerships in Asia
- Highly rated for cultural diversity by the Good Universities Guide
- Extensive network of more than 220,000 alumni, including more than 28,000 who live and work overseas.
Campus & facilities
Three of our Melbourne campuses are located in the central business district (CBD) and a further two are within 10 kilometres of the city centre. Our students can enjoy all that Melbourne offers.
Campuses feature the latest technology, state-of-the-art laboratories, a full range of sports and fitness facilities and plenty of space to relax and enjoy campus life.
VU Sydney is located in the buzzing city centre.
You can study accounting, information systems and computer science courses.
VU provides world-class research and training across a range of disciplines.
We support responsible, ethical and innovative research and actively pursue collaborations with other researchers and organisations.
- at least 60% of our research funding comes from industry sources
- 50% of our published research involves international collaborations
- 15 VU research disciplines rank at or above world standard in the Excellence in Research for Australia assessments.
Our research institutes and centres offer specialised consultancy, advice and tailored learning solutions to the community and industry.
In 2016, the Victoria Business Confucius Institute (VBCI) was established by VU and the University of International Business and Economics to strengthen ties with China.