A Testamur (known also as 'Award') is the certificate you receive when you graduate.
Receiving your Testamur
If you are a Higher Education student attending a graduation ceremony, you'll receive a hard copy Testamur at the ceremony and a link to a digital version afterwards.
The information will be sent within 24 hours of your graduation to your personal email address or, if you didn't register one with us, to your VU email account.
Graduating 'In Absentia' (not attending)
If you don't attend a graduation ceremony, you can receive your Testamur by completing the Request for formal results statements and replacement testamurs
- Your testamur will be available as per the option selected in Section 4 of the form.
- If a postage payment is required (Section 4), refer to Section 5, make relevant payment and lodge the form per the instructions.
August 2020 Graduates
Due to COVID-19, the University is conducting a virtual graduation ceremony on Thursday 20 August 2020. Full details will be in the invitation sent to eligible students by email.
- Your testamur will be posted to your home address prior to the 20 August ceremony.
- A link to your Testamur, Academic Transcript and AHEGS will be sent via email within 24 hours of the graduation ceremony.
- Testamurs for Offshore students will be posted late in August 2020.
Information on your digital documents is available at My eQuals.
Higher Education students
For our university graduates, information on collecting your Testamur is included in your 'invitation to graduate', which will be emailed to you.
If you're graduating from VU Polytechnic, you'll receive a notification of completion via email.
Notifications are sent when your completion is confirmed and your award is conferred. Conferrals occur every two weeks. You will receive your Notification of Completion via email, followed by your certificate and academic transcript via post within 10 working days.
Name printed on your award
The name printed on your award is the same name on your student enrolment record.
Any variations will require you to complete and submit a personal details amendment form with supporting documentation, either original or a certified copy.
When you submit your amendment form at VUHQ you need to let them know that a copy needs to be sent to the graduation office.