Higher Education (HE) course fees

Your course fees can vary based on a number of factors.

The most important of these is whether your course is offered as a government subsidised or full-fee paying place. This determines the amount you pay, as well as the fee assistance you may be eligible to receive. This fee information only applies to students who are considered domestic, ie  Australian citizens, Humanitarian visa holders or permanent residents.

When you enrol in a course, re-enrol or change your enrolment, you will receive an invoice with the amount you are required to pay, and the due date.

You can access your statement of account :

International students

Tuition fees for international students can be found on the international version of course pages. Course fees are subject to change. Contact us to confirm the amount.

Domestic students studying Higher Education (HE) courses are generally enrolled in either a Commonwealth Supported or Full-Fee Paying place.

Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students may be eligible to receive a Research Training Scheme (RTS) funded place. RTS students are currently exempt from payment of the student contribution amount and tuition fees for units undertaken as part of a HDR course.

In 'Higher Education (HE) course fees':

Contact us

Ask questions & find answers through Ask VU.

Phone: +61 3 9919 6100
Visit: Student Service Centre