The Academic Board is composed of ex-officio members and internal members including teaching and research staff, professional staff and students.
Chairperson: Deborah Tyler
Phone: +61 3 9919 4310
For further information about the Academic Board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Board operates under a Terms of Reference.
The Academic Board consist of the following membership:
Two staff elected by and from each teaching and research staff from each College:
- Dr Karina Smith (Arts)
- Associate Professor Tom Clark (Arts & Education)
- Dr Mark Selkrig (Arts & Education)
- Associate Professor Shah Miah (Business)
- Jesse Singh (Business)
- Dr Alasdair McAndrew (Engineering & Science)
- Associate Professor Randall Robinson (Engineering & Science)
- David Dawson (Health & Biomedicine)
- Dr Catherine Kamphuis (Health & Biomedicine)
- Daniel Goldsworthy (Law & Justice)
- Vacant (Law & Justice)
- Dr Sharna Spittle (Sport & Exercise Science)
- Vacant (Sport & Exercise Science)
- Rosa Zull (VUC)
- Matthew Truelove (VUC)
- Dianne Semmens (Vic Poly)
- Maria Juj (Vic Poly)
- Dr Fion Lim (former VUC)
- Raquel Licciardi (Partnerships & Innovation)
- Vacant (Partnerships & Innovation)
- Jean Hopman (First Year College)
- Kathleen Raponi (First Year College)
- Vacant (VU Research)
- Vacant (VU Research).
Two members elected by and from teaching and research staff who work in organisational units other than a College:
- Deborah Tyler.
Four members elected by and from professional staff:
- Michelle MacDonald
- Michael Zaar
One member elected by and from Indigenous staff:
- Karen Jackson.
One student elected by and from students enrolled in a higher education degree by coursework course of study:
- Cheshna Booklay.
One student elected by and from students enrolled in a higher education degree by research course of study:
One student elected by and from students enrolled in a Vocational and/or Further Education course of study:
- Aimey McRae.
One student elected by and from onshore international students:
- Ali Hassan.
Seven ex officio members comprising:
The Vice-Chancellor as the University's Chief Academic Officer:
Six members of staff who hold positions determined by the Vice-Chancellor after consultation with the Academic Board:
- Rhonda Hawkins
- Professor Ian Solomonides
- Professor Warren Payne
- Louise Batchelor
- Professor Rob Strathdee
- Professor Karen Dodd.