The University can cancel or suspend your enrolment if you have:
- been excluded as a result of general and/or academic misconduct under the Student Misconduct Regulation
- been excluded as a result of unsatisfactory academic progress under the Academic Progress Regulations 2016
- been excluded under the Health and Safety Regulation
- exceeded the maximum course duration
- failed to pay the prescribed fees by the payment due date
- failed to comply with international student visa conditions
- failed to meet the attendance requirement under the rules of the course
- failed to provide a valid USI.
A late payment fee of $158 applies when:
- your payment is received after the due date
- you've been cancelled from a unit due to non-payment of fees, and have been reinstated into the unit(s) of study.
A late enrolment fee of $158 applies when:
- you enrol after the for the relevant study period
- you were reinstated in to the unit(s) of study after a cancellation.
If you are reinstated in to the unit(s) of study you are required to pay both the late payment and late enrolment fees plus the full-fee amount(s) for each reinstated unit.
NON-PAYMENT OF FEES
You must pay your fees by the due date on your statement of account (invoice) to avoid the risk of having your enrolment cancelled due to non-payment of fees.
Achieving satisfactory attendance is a requirement for VET. The attendance of students in accredited, non-award ELICOS, and Foundation programs is monitored.
If you believe your issue has not been resolved via the internal complaints and appeals process, you can appeal to the . The Ombudsman will only assess the appeals handling process, and cannot overturn the University's decision to suspend or cancel your enrolment.