Return library books on time
Monday 1 May 2023
Return library books on time so other students can access these study resources.
Throughout your studies at VU, you can borrow hardcopy books from VU Library. Loan periods vary depending on the type of item you borrow (standard or restricted loans). See Membership & Borrowing – Loans & returns.
Returning library items
When to return
- Access My Library, using your MyVU login, to see what items you have on loan and check the due date of your books.
- Check your email for VU Library email letting you know the due date of a library item.
- Receive free SMS library reminders about items to be returned:
- log into My Library, and under 'My Library Links'
- click 'Opt in to receive library notices via SMS'
- enter your mobile phone number with no spaces e.g. 0412345678 tick the box to 'opt in' and click Submit.
- Return library books, after completing assessments and before starting the next block, semester or study period, and before graduating.
- Promptly returning all library books helps us support other students in their studies.
Where to return
Return your items by the due date to any campus library during opening hours. Self-service machines for borrowing or returning your items are located within most campus libraries.
Outside of opening hours, use the following external return chutes for 24/7 returns:
- Footscray Park Campus, Building P, return chute located just outside the main entrance to the Library
- St Albans Campus, Building 7, return chute located to the left of Library front door
- Werribee Campus, Building 1A, return chute to the right of Building 1A main entrance.
If you have overdue items, please phone +61 3 9919 4266.