Join us for VU Family Welcome on Saturday 17 February and learn how to support your child as they commence their studies in 2024!
Families, guardians, friends and support persons will have the opportunity to gather information via sessions and stalls, while being provided lunch, refreshments and entertainment.
Our array of stalls will involve:
- Information regarding the VU Block Model, Learning Hubs, and the wider array of support services available to students.
- Essential details regarding fees, government support, scholarships, admissions and enrolments.
- pop-up to assist students in live enrolment and queries.
- Information and question sessions will be held in M001 lecture theatre throughout the event.
- 2pm: How to support a student studying in Block Model Come understand what the Block Model is! – How do assessments work? What is expected of students? Do we need textbooks? Do we have exams?
- 2:30pm: Student Wellbeing. VU offers a range of support for students to ensure their success. Find out about accessibility, counselling, welfare, student advocacy, and more!
- 3pm: University Survival Guide - For Students and Parents Join us and get tips, and hard-won secrets from VU Students to get the best uni experience. Also, for worried parents, we have something for you too to help you support your child in the best way possible!
- 3:40pm: Student fees, Higher Education Contribution Scheme (HECS), and Financials Come find out what you’re paying for! Get a breakdown of student fees and learn about government support for your studies.
- 4:10pm: Learning Hub, Libraries, Timetabling and VU Collaborate Learn about your academic toolkit here at VU, from your timetable to the online space, to the free Student Mentor service in the library.
Registrations are essential.