The aim of the project is to support the recovery and transformation of the visitor economy in Melbourne’s West during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In collaboration with key industry partners, Victoria Tourism Industry Council (VTIC) and Western Melbourne Tourism (WMT), it will develop training for Western Melbourne tourism businesses, guided by an assessment of skills and capability gaps in the area.
It will identify strategic priorities for developing the resilience and adaptability of destination and tourism businesses in the region.
This research will deliver outcomes designed to:
- assist in the recovery and adaptability of Western Melbourne Visitor Economy
- improve organisational resilience of Western Melbourne Tourism and the Western Melbourne Destination
- improve the capacity of the tourism workforce in Western Melbourne
- increase positive employment outcomes for tourism employees and students in Melbourne's West
- improve the diversity and inclusion of the industry’s workforce.