Colin Drake is the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Director and a Senior Lecturer within the Victoria Graduate School of Business.
Colin has taught in the tourism, event management and marketing disciplines at Victoria University since 2007, and has been a visiting professor to Germany and Malaysia. He is also the Deputy Chairman of Western Melbourne Tourism regional destination management organisation.
He is a Churchill Fellow, a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and was awarded the Wallmans Lawyers MBA prize for E-Business in 2005 from the University of Adelaide.
Prior to entering academe, Colin spent 20 years in the corporate sector. He established a successful event management company, and has held a range of management and marketing roles in the events, aviation and tourism and hospitality sectors in Australia, U.K. and New Zealand.
- Drake, C.N., Italiano, J. 2015 “An exploratory study of the attitudes, motivations and awareness of visitors towards accredited and non-accredited Visitor Information Centres in Victoria, Australia” Peer reviewed conference paper proceedings CAUTHE 2015, Southern Cross University, Sunshine Coast, Queensland 2015
- Drake, C.N. 2014 “Does Corporate Hospitality at Special Events deliver Customer Loyalty?” Peer Reviewed Paper, Proceedings of CAUTHE 2014, Brisbane, Queensland
- Drake, C.N. 2013 “Maximising effectiveness of corporate hospitality programmes at Australian special events”, International Journal of Event and Festival Management Vol 4, 3, pp 236-248
- Drake, C 2012 “Will Tourism Operators get lost in Qantas face off with Tourism Australia?” The Conversation, http://theconversation.edu.au/will-tourist-operators-end-up-getting-lost...
- Drake, C 2012 “Arresting the Decline in MICE sector skills” MICE Newsletter The Nibbler published March 2012
- Drake, C 2011 “A conceptual framework for assessing the role that Corporate Hospitality plays on customer loyalty and purchase intentions” Victoria University
- Drake, C.N., Jago, L, Deery, M 2010 “What future for Corporate Hospitality Post the GFC? An appraisal of marketing effectiveness” Refereed paper Proceedings of CAUTHE 2010, Hobart
- Drake, C.N., Jago, L, Deery, M 2009 “Corporate Hospitality at Special Events is it Fundamental in B2B marketing Communications or just “froth and bubble?” Refereed paper proceedings of 5th Event Research Conference, Gold Coast, Queensland
Areas of expertise
- Event management
- Marketing communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility