After developing a solid grounding in business in your first year, customise your degree with a major in Human Resource Management.
This specialised HRM program provides graduates with the capabilities to apply to a variety of career options as a HR professional. The course aims to prepare students to meet standards of professional excellence with knowledge and skills that are recognised in Australia and overseas. The HRM course combines theory with practical application to be relevant and linked in to the everyday work environment. Graduates will be ready to work in human resource management, employee or industrial relations, information systems, recruitment and training. This industry-focused major has professional recognition by the Australian Human Resource Institute (AHRI). Students are encouraged to apply for internships in organisations. This course will provide you with hands on experience, enable you to demonstrate relevant work experience, and make you a competitive job seeker in the HR profession.
Find a different unit
- Major Studies
- Business Integrated Learning
- Human Resource Management
- International Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Development
- Employee Relations Management
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Capstone Units
- Managing Organisational Change
- Applied Business Challenge
- International Business Challenge
- Students undertaking this as a second major are required to complete BPD2100 International Business Challenge instead of BPD3100 Applied Business Challenge.
Where to next?
If you are interested in this unit as part of a course, refer to our how to apply page to find out more about our application process.
If you are a current VU student, you may be able to enrol in this unitset as an elective.
- Contact your course coordinator to see if you are able to take the elective unit set.
You can also contact us directly:
- Ring us on +61 3 9919 6100
- Find answers and ask questions at GOTOVU
VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.