Studying at VU will prepare you for work in the contemporary speech pathology industry across complex and diverse settings. Speech pathology professionals (sometimes referred to as speech therapists) play a crucial role in enabling communication and/or speech and improving swallowing disorders to enhance quality of life for those experiencing these difficulties. 

Bachelor of Speech and Language Sciences/Master of Speech Pathology

Turn your passion for social equity and health science into an exciting profession in the field of speech pathology, sometimes referred to as speech therapy. This Australian-first dual degree will prepare you to change the future for people who have difficulties with oral communication, as well as support their families and broader community.

Duration 4.5 years Campus Footscray Park Delivery mode Block

Master of Speech Pathology
Become a speech pathologist and begin a rewarding career helping people learn to communicate more effectively, with the Master of Speech Pathology from Victoria University.
Duration 2 years Campus Footscray Park Delivery mode In person

Studying speech pathology at VU

At Victoria University (VU), we want you to follow your passion and excel in the industry you've always dreamed of.

We're one of Australia's most industry-connected institutions, and are one of the top 2% of universities in the world.

You'll learn from leading industry professionals who combine theory with practice to prepare you for your career from day one.


With both a bachelor and masters qualification, you’ll be prepared for work in the rapidly growing speech pathology industry.

Speech Pathologists are in increasing demand for work in the following fields:

  • government and non-government organisations
  • education
  • health
  • disability
  • welfare  
  • community-based organisations and more.

The Bachelor of Speech and Language Sciences/Master of Speech Pathology course page has more details.