If you are a current VU student, we may be able to assist you with study costs through our student loan scheme.
The maximum loan amount is $1000.
The student loan from VU does not cover tuition fees or fines owing - it is for:
- course-related materials
- with medical costs
- living expenses
- housing costs.
In order to apply for a loan from VU, you must be:
- enrolled at VU in a higher education or VET/TAFE course
- able to demonstrate your ability to repay the loan within the specified time.
Students enrolled in a short course (full fee) are not eligible for a student loan from VU.
How to apply
To apply for a student loan from VU:
- complete the in full
- provide proof of your income such as payslips, bank and Centrelink statements
- provide evidence of what the loan will be used for.
If it is clear that you cannot repay the loan, you'll need to explore other options such as an advance from Centrelink or borrowing from family as your loan will not be approved.
We also recommend you:
Guarantors are required for:
- all loans greater than $500
- all borrowers aged under 18 years.
- must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- must not be a student from any educational institution or a VU staff member (unless the staff member is a relative).
International students are not required to provide a guarantor.
Your student loan will be paid straight into your bank account.