VU is not responsible for any consequences or actions resulting from use of these resources.
It's your responsibility to consider your own personal circumstances and consult with a mental health professional if required.
This list of online resources may help you explore different aspects of your physical, emotional and psychological wellbeing.
If you are finding it difficult to cope, or are unsure about things and would like to talk to someone in confidence, please contact Counselling services.
Please note: some resources may also change in their availability, functionality or content over time.
- Victoria University Academic Support - website for workshops and study support.
- Victoria University counselling service - VU workshops for study skills and exam support.
- Mental and physical health and wellbeing support (thedesk) - thedesk supports mental and physical health and wellbeing of Australian tertiary students. Find modules on getting things done, staying calm, staying connected, feeling good as well as quizzes and resources for Uni.
General exam information
- VU exam information
- Exam preparation - TopUniversities
- Surviving first year exams
- Exam revision tips - The complete University Guide
Managing exam anxiety & study stress
- What is exam anxiety
- Managing exam anxiety
- Exam anxiety video
- Tips on exam anxiety video
- Exam anxiety information sheet
- Putting off procrastinating - Centre for Clinical Interventions
- tackling the procrastinator -ReachOut
- Procrastination information sheet
- How to Practice Safe Perfectionism
- Perfectionism self-help modules - Centre for Clinical Interventions
- Perfectionism help sheets - Anxiety Disorders Association of Victoria
- Perfectionism information sheet
- Procrastination – Wikipedia overview with links to websites and articles.
- University of Minnesota Duluth Study Strategies home page – discover your preferred studying style, as well as strategies that personally suit you to study effectively.
Relationships & sexuality
- Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria
- 1800RESPECT - national telephone counselling service.
- safe steps - crisis accommodation and safety planning.
- Anti-slavery Australia - information and resources about human slavery and exploitation.
- Forced marriage - support and advice about forced marriage.
- My Blue Sky - support, information and resources for those affected by forced marriage.
- Australian Red Cross - support for people who have been trafficked.
Sexual assault & rape
- CASA - Victorian Centres Against Sexual Assault - information, support and counselling.
- Victoria Legal Aid - legal advice and information.
- WIRE - Women’s Information and Referral Exchange Resource Centre for Women - information, support and referrals.
- Daisy – connects women who are experiencing or have experienced sexual assault, domestic and family violence to specialist services in their state and local area, legal services, housing and finance services, and children’s services.
Child sexual abuse
- Bravehearts - information, resources, support and counselling for those affected by child sexual abuse.
- Blue Knot - referral database providing support and information for adult survivors of child sexual assault.
- Gatehouse Centre - assessment and treatment service at Royal Children’s Hospital.
- WIRE - Women’s Information and Referral Exchange Resource Centre for Women - information about stalking and referral sources.
- Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria - support, advice and referrals for those who have/are being stalked.
- Companion - allows selected contacts to watch a live map of your progress and get updates as you make it from Point A to Point B. If you start running, don't make it to your destination on time, have your headphones yanked out or your phone falls to the ground, the app will ask “Are you okay?” If you don't respond in 15 seconds, the app automatically alerts your companions.
- QLife - advice and support for people with diverse gender or sexuality.
- Switchboard - telephone counselling and support service for the LGBTQI community.
- Not So Straight - information and support regarding sexual identity.
- SexPositive - sex education app
- What Were We Thinking! - an app for first time parents
- Mind the Bump - a mindfulness meditation app designed for individuals or couples expecting a baby
- ReachOut - information about dealing with conflict in relationships.
- Better Health - dealing with conflict in relationships
- Better Health - relationships and communication.
- Family relationships online - information and referrals for separating families.
- Headspace - dealing with relationship breakups.
- Relationships Australia - help dealing with a separation.
- Breakup Shakeup - ideas for fun, easy things to do to help you cope after a breakup. The app teaches you that planning activities and increasing your social support will help you recover faster.
Grief & loss
- Psychology Today - grief and loss following relationship break up.
- Relationships Australia - when we lose someone we love.
- Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement - bereavement and grief support groups.
- VU Equity & Diversity
- ReachOut - information about workplace bullying.
- Youth Central - bullying and harassment support.
- beyondblue -help to deal with depression, anxiety and substance misuse.
- Youth Beyond Blue - youth focussed resources to help deal with depression, anxiety and substance misuse.
- Black Dog Institute - depression and bipolar disorder information.
- Blue Pages - depression information.
- Panda - perinatal anxiety and depression counselling service.
- MoodGYM - free therapy program to help prevent depression.
- MindSpot - assessment and treatment for depression and anxiety.
- eCentreClinic - free courses to help with a range of mental health concerns, including symptoms of depression.
- This Way Up - fee paying programs to deal with anxiety and depression.
- e-couch - self-help interactive program for depression and anxiety.
- OnTrack - free courses, information, quizzes and advice for depression and alcohol misuse.
- myCompass - self-help cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) programs for mild-to-moderate depression, anxiety and stress.
- Centre for Clinical Interventions - a series of modules containing information, activities, worksheets, and CBT strategies to manage depression.
- beyondblue - information about signs and symptoms, treatment and support for anxiety.
- AnxietyBC - resources and information about managing anxiety.
- Reconnexion - treating panic, anxiety, depression and tranquilliser dependency. Discounted services for students.
- Anxiety Disorders Association of Victoria (ADAVIC).
- Mental Health Online - internet-based treatment clinic catering for a range of anxiety disorders.
- This Way Up - a range of fee-paying online programs to deal with a range of anxiety issues including generalised anxiety disorder, social phobia, panic disorder, OCD, PTSD and health anxiety.
- eCentreClinic - free online courses to help with a range of mental health concerns including OCD and PTSD.
- MindSpot - provides online assessment and treatment for depression and anxiety.
- eCouch - self-help interactive program for depression and anxiety.
- myCompass - provides a self-help, cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) program for mild-to-moderate depression, anxiety and stress.
- Centre for Clinical Interventions - guided self-help programs for a range of anxiety issues including worry, panic attacks, social anxiety and health anxiety.
- ReachOut Breathe – aims to help reduce the physical symptoms of stress and anxiety through slowing down your heart rate and regulating your breathing.
- ReachOut Worry Time – aims to help you manage worry more effectively.
- Self-Help for Anxiety Management (SAM) – provides information, strategies, and tracking tools for help with managing anxiety.
- Intellicare - a suite of apps that work together to target common causes of depression and anxiety like sleep problems, social isolation, lack of activity, and obsessive thinking.
- Smilingmind - mindfulness meditation.
- Breathe2Relax - use breathing exercises to help reduce stress, stabilise mood, control anger and manage anxiety: