The Victoria University (VU) Campus Master Plan is a dynamic and evolving vision for our entire built environment. It will reimagine what a university campus is, and its role.
At VU, we see place as more important than space. This allows us to build a sense of connectedness that draws on natural, human-built, digital and social environments.
Follow us on this transformative journey as we deliver a network of vibrant campuses.
Featuring 'one front door' to higher education and TAFE offerings, the City Campus provides an exceptional student experience with spaces co-designed to optimise collaborative learning, teaching and research.
- Consolidation of CBD facilities into a single (completed 2022).
- Opening of a co-located which span both vocational education and higher education, in a real-world setting and open to the public (completed 2022).
- Realisation of the Flipped Campus Model, with three active alliances located in the Tower. and have all made a home at the City Campus (completed 2022-2023), and will soon join them.
Alongside the iconic Footscray Park gardens and the new Footscray Hospital, the campus is a key part of a renowned, world-leading health, education and employment precinct – powered by deep alliances.
- A bringing together Moondani Balluk Indigenous Academic Unit and the Aboriginal History Archives at the heart of the campus (completed early 2023).
- A 5,000m2 VU located within the new Footscray Hospital and a pedestrian bridge over Ballarat Road connecting the hospital to campus (in progress).
- Creation of a landscape that connects to Country and First Nations traditional knowledge (in progress).
Our Sunshine Campus has long been a leading skills trainer. It will now be a central hub for skills, future jobs and innovation in paramedicine and future trades industries.
- Opening of the Sunshine Skills Hub (completed 2019).
- A 5,000m2 Nursing and Midwifery facility at the Sunshine Hospital (completed 2020).
- Co-location of Ambulance Victoria training centre (completed 2023).
- Development of a Centre of Excellence in Paramedicine (in progress).
- Further anchor the training and research at Sunshine Hospital in health disciplines (in progress).
It will be reimagined through the creation of a Centre of Excellence in Cybersecurity and providing aligned opportunities for embedded industry partners, engagement and research.
Our ambition is to upgrade and renew the Werribee Campus, cementing its position as the central engine room for the emerging Werribee National Employment and Innovation Cluster (NEIC).