Connect with other researchers in a supportive environment to share ideas and receive assistance to develop your research capabilities.
We offer services that foster your development at every stage of your research career.
Starting out - supporting you as a researcher
When you first start as a researcher at VU, you’ll have access to a broad network of support services to help you make an easy transition to your new role.
- Our service provides one-on-one assistance to improve your skills in academic writing, presentations and literature reviews.
- We have a
- We also offer a formal program
- Our (including private consultations) can help you with statistical design and analysis of data for your project.
- Our are incredible resources for your research. To help you make the most of our collections, we offer to enable you to access necessary resources during your research.
- If your research project involves the use of technology, you can access .
- Get peer-to-peer support from our .
- The Office for Research mentoring program for women (launched in 2017) includes an induction session, networking events, and evaluation. Email for more information.
Enhance your research profile
If you want to build your status as a research author, at the University and externally in Australia and overseas, make use of available support and advice.
Once you’ve established your research project and are equipped with the skills you need for successfully conducting your research, we will offer you the advice and support you need to:
Network & share your research
Research can feel like a solitary pursuit, but at VU we offer a range of opportunities to connect with other researchers and immerse yourself in our lively research culture.
We hold a range of annual research events which are great opportunities for networking and sharing your research. These include: