Find out what you need to do to enrol in Victoria University Online's postgraduate business courses.

Currently, you can choose one of two courses, delivered 100% online in a supportive and flexible learning environment.

Read more about Victoria University Online.

Re-enrolling this year?

If you are a returning student, please read our information about re-enrolling in VU Online courses.

Preparing documents & information

Student ID number

Have your ID number with you when you start your enrolment. You'll find this in your offer email from VU.

FEE-HELP loans

Find out if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.

If you're eligible, and would like to access FEE-HELP, you'll need to submit the FEE-HELP request form before the census date. Contact your Student Enrolment Advisor if you require a copy of the form.

You'll need to have an Australian Tax File Number (TFN), which can be obtained through the Australian Tax Office if you don't have one already.

Please note: To be eligible, and remain eligible for FEE-HELP for the remainder of the course, you must ensure that your personal details on your VU enrolment record, such as given name(s) (including middle names), family name and address matches your ATO record at all times. Any variations will result in the ATO not being able to assess your information as correct, meaning your application will not be finalised and you will be ineligible for FEE-HELP. This is especially important if you change your name after you have initially enrolled. It is your responsibility to update personal details with the ATO and Victoria University.

Read more on the Study Assist website.

Applying for unit credits

You may request credit for prior study, skills or experience when you apply for the course, or when you receive an offer.

Follow these steps:

  1. Phone or email your Student Enrolment Advisor to discuss your application for credit.
  2. Fill in the Advanced Standing form, found in your MYVU portal.
  3. Submit the form with any supporting documentation to [email protected].
  4. Wait for the application to be processed (you'll be notified of the outcome).
  5. Enrol in the standard unit/s for your course, apart from the unit/s you are seeking credit for. If the unit/s you are applying credit for are pre-requisites, they will need to be approved before you can enrol in the subsequent dependent units.

Complete your enrolment

Step 1: Review your course delivery plan

Use your course delivery plan to help you enrol in the correct units.

Phone or email your Student Enrolment Advisor for advice if you are still unsure.

Step 2: Read the online enrolment guide

For detailed instructions on how to enrol, view our guide to the online enrolment system.

Step 3: Enrol online

When you’re ready, complete your enrolment online. Follow the instructions and click on the enrolment link in your offer email.

Make sure you answer all of the statistical questions, even if this information has previously been supplied, as we are required to report this data to Government. Information is collected in accordance with the VU Privacy Policy.

Don’t worry if you don’t get your unit selection or enrolment quite right. Even after you enrol you still have some time to change your enrolment, as long as it’s before the administrative census date (the last day to enrol into units without a financial penalty – Wednesday of Week 1, each Study Period).

After you enrol

Obtaining a student ID card

To order your student ID card you'll need to submit your photo online.

You can collect your student ID card in person at VUHQ, or you can have the student ID card posted to you.

Once your student ID card is ready, you'll need to bring photo ID to collect the student ID from VUHQ.

Or, if you would like your card posted to you, you'll need to email a copy of your photo ID to [email protected]

Once VU Online receive your photo ID,  your student ID card will be posted to your preferred address.

Australian citizens:

  • birth certificate, or
  • Australian passport, or
  • citizenship certificate
  • and change of name documents if applicable.

Permanent residents:

  • passport showing permanent residency, or
  • certificate of permanent residency,
  • and change of name documents if applicable.


  • passport, or
  • birth certificate
  • and change of name documents if applicable.

If your proof of citizenship documentation does not include or contain a photo, for example a birth certificate, you must provide a certified copy of your photo ID e.g. driver licence.

Please note: A driver licence or Medicare card won't be accepted as proof of citizenship/residency.

Changing your enrolment

You may change or add unit/s at any time up until 11:59pm (23:59) on the administrative census date of the respective study period.

The administrative census date (for timely amendments) is on Wednesday of Week 1 (of each study period). This is the last day to enrol or add unit/s.

You may discontinue your unit/s or course without academic or financial penalty up until the applicable census date of the study period.

Pay your fees

Once you have completed your enrolment you should check your Statement of Account (tax invoice) via MyVU to ensure that your course, unit/s and personal details are correct. Contact your Student Enrolment Advisor if you identify any errors.

You must pay your fees by tuition payment date on your Statement of Account (unless you are deferring fee payment through FEE-HELP).

If you do not pay all fees due, your enrolment may be cancelled and you may lose your place in your course. If you wish to defer your fees but have not requested FEE-HELP or supplied your tax file number at the time of enrolment, you can do so by logging into MyVU and updating your Financial Support information up until the census date of the applicable study period.

Contact VU Online

Our team of Student Enrolment Advisors are here to help.

Phone: 1300 043 531

Email: [email protected]