We are an appointment-based service – to see a counsellor you'll need to make an appointment.
Our professionally trained counsellors provide free, confidential individual counselling sessions.
We also offer supervised placements for counsellors-in-training.
Please note we are not a crisis service.
Counselling (including video) should not be used in an emergency situation that requires immediate attention. For example, if you are feeling suicidal or considering harming yourself or someone else then you should call 000 immediately.
Alternatively, if your life is not in immediate danger you can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 (for students aged 25 years and under).
Hours & locations of operation
Counselling services is usually open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Student counselling is available at the following locations:
- City Flinders Campus, Ground floor, Flinders Lane, G18
- Footscray Park Campus, Level 2, Building M2 (includes counselling reception area)
- Footscray Nicolson Campus, Level 1, Telford Building, T146
- St Albans Campus, Building 4N, 101
- Sunshine Campus, Building B, 137
- Werribee Campus, Building 1B, 109.
Opening hours vary at some campuses.
Call +61 3 9919 5400 to book an appointment for any campus. Please note counselling services are usually open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday but may vary from campus to campus.
Phone: +61 3 9919 5400