Welcome to all new and continuing students. Read our Library tips and watch our short video to get ready to use VU's library resources.
Be ready to study with tips on how to make the most of Library resources, services and support.
Set up (or check) your library profile
Log in to My Library using your VU student ID Number (without the s) and Library PIN. When you log in for the first time, your default PIN is your date of birth in ddmmyyyy format.
Set up SMS alerts
You will receive SMS reminders about items that are nearly due or overdue, and SMS updates about items placed on hold and ready for pick-up.
When you’re logged in to My Library you can opt in to receive free SMS library alerts.
- Click “Opt in to receive library notices via SMS”.
- Enter mobile phone number with no spaces e.g. 0412345678.
- Tick the box to ‘opt in’ and click Submit.
Search the library
Attend library training
Workshops and drop-in sessions are offered throughout the year to help you use the full range of information resources available at the Library.
- Register for free sessions such as 'eBooks: an introduction', and 'Law Student Essentials' for Law students.
- Drop in to see a librarian and/or Academic Support & Development lecturer for help with finding information resources for assignments, academic and study skills. Drop-in sessions are offered throughout the semester.
Book a PC or study room
You can book a PC or a study room online up to seven days in advance. Some PCs are also available for express or printing sessions.
Top up your printing account
Use your student ID card (which is linked to your library print/copy account) to pay for printing and copying.
You can top up your printing account:
- online – use MasterCard or VISA (VISA debit cards are also accepted) to add credit
- at the library – use the SmartLoader devices to add funds onto your card – either cash or EFTPOS.
Chat with Library staff
- computing and printing facilities
- setting up MYVU access
- student email and other essential online tools
- accessing the library's extensive range of online resources.