Friendly Library staff are available to assist you with using the Library and its resources.
The Library also offers training programs for accessing Library resources, research and using applications such as EndNote.
Online assistance (including chat) is also available through our Ask a Librarian service.
In 'Get help':
Library Guides are online guides that support student learning at Victoria University.
Learn how to reference resources correctly.
Information about rules that apply to using copyright materials for educational purposes.
Workshops & drop-in sessions
Programs to develop research skills and to use the full range of information resources available at th...
General enquiries & help
For general Library enquiries & help call +61 3 9919 4266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use Ask a Librarian to ask a question, make a comment or suggestion
- Login to My Library to check the status of your loans, renew items or place a hold
- You can also suggest an item for the library to purchase
- Check library opening hours to see when your preferred campus Library is open
- See campus library pages for services available and contact phone numbers for each campus library.
Library postal address
Victoria University Library
PO Box 14428
Melbourne VIC 8001
Today's opening hours
We offer a number of training programs throughout the academic year from short introductory sessions for new students to refresher sessions for returning students and more in depth classes for research students. Topics include:
- accessing Library resources
- using databases
- legal research
- using EndNote and RefWorks.
IT help for students
- Logging into the network (including the wireless network)
- Student email
- Contact the IT help desk on +61 3 9919 2777
- More IT help for students (including access to MYVU portal and other VU systems)
Library disability services
We support the University's commitment to equity and diversity by providing a range of services to students with a disability at the time when they need them.
Help for staff
Help for staff in relation to Library services and resources is available on the VU Staff Intranet (requires VU login when off campus), including:
- adding material to Reserve, eReserve, multimedia streaming
- getting books added to the Library collections
- copyright for teaching.
To book a Library tour or orientation session contact your campus library.
Support for the researcher
The Library provides a range or services to support the VU researcher including assistance with publishing your research, getting your outputs into the VU Research Repository and managing your research data.
To find out more about how the Library supports the researcher including contact details see the Library research support page.
Contact details for the College Librarians are available on the VU Intranet (requires VU login when off campus).