To study at Victoria University (VU) as an international student, you can apply:
directly to the university (either online or in person), or
through an education agent.
To submit an international student application, you need to:
- Find a course you are interested in
- Determine whether you meet the entry requirements for international students
- Register to apply.
Once your application is complete, you can:
- check your application status
- respond to our admission officer's comments
- upload additional information, if required to do so
- accept your offer.
In order to submit an application, you will need to ensure all of your documents are readily available. These may include:
- certified copies of your academic transcripts and other supporting documentation
- evidence of your English language proficiency (if available)
- completed Advanced Standing forms (if you are applying for credit).
Some courses may have additional documentary requirements. These will be listed on the course page.
If you cannot provide all of your documentation, you can still complete your application. You will need to provide any missing documentation at a later date. This will increase the application processing time, and may affect your ability to commence your course in your preferred intake.
Apply through an international education agent
If you need assistance to submit an international application, you can approach one of our international education agents. They can help you find a course and submit your application. Applications from certain countries may require the use of an education agent.
Apply for credit
If you would like to apply for Advanced Standing (credit for prior study) and you are a:
- current student, please apply for Advanced Standing via your MyVU portal
- prospective student applying directly to VU via our admissions centre, please apply for Advanced Standing as part of your course application.
To apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) submit the Application for recognition of prior learning & recognition of current competency for certificate and diploma courses form with your application.
Applications for Advanced Standing or recognition of prior learning are required at least 10 business days earlier than a standard application. This will ensure your Advanced Standing application is processed in a timely manner and can be included in your Letter of Offer.
If you submit a new application too late, your Advanced Standing application will still be assessed, but you may not receive confirmation of the amount of credit granted in your Letter of Offer or before you enrol.
To apply for a research degree, you need to complete some additional steps.
To submit an international research application, you will need to:
- select Masters by Research, PhD, PhD (Integrated), or professional doctorate
- identify a supervisor and align your research with VU's research focus areas
- prepare your research proposal
- include two written references
- submit your international application by the application deadline on the International Application and Enquiry System
- accept and enrol.
Find out more about becoming a research candidate.
You may be eligible for a scholarship. Find out more about the international scholarships available to you.
Apply in person
Before each intake, VU International offers an express application service if you apply in person at VUHQ (Student Service Centre) at our City Flinders Campus. Our staff will prioritise processing of your application and waive the application fee.
Apply to study an English language course
If you have applied for a VU course and do not meet the English language requirements, you may be offered a place to study English at VU English, the University's nationally-accredited English language centre. In this case, you do not need to submit an application to study English, as it will be included in your offer to study.