As an international student at Victoria University (VU), you will be required to pay your tuition fees up front each semester.
There may also be additional materials fees throughout your studies, depending on your chosen course, as well as an administrative fee as part of your course application.
Calculating your tuition fees
The tuition fees that you are charged will depend on:
- your course
- the year you start your study
- your study load.
How your fees are calculated
Higher education fees
Your fees are charged per semester or trimester with the equivalent full-time enrolment of 48 credit points or 0.5 equivalent full-time study load (EFTSL).
If you change your load from the standard 48 credit points or 0.5 EFTSL, your fees will adjust accordingly.
Vocational education (TAFE) fees
For vocational education students, your tuition fees are charged per semester based on the full-time study load for each course.
Paying your tuition fees
This is referred to as a fee deposit, and includes:
- tuition fees payable for your first semester of study
- an estimate of tuition fees for the duration of your study*
- for the duration of your study (if requested)
- an estimation of the cost of additional materials required to complete the course (where applicable).
Advice on how to pay this initial fee deposit is also included in your International Student Written Agreement.
* Fees outlined in your international student written agreement are an estimate only (subject to approval) and may change.
Course application fee
Current VU students, alumni, and some scholarship applicants don't have to pay this application fee.
You may need to buy specific items or equipment (such as books, clothing or specialist tools) in order to study in some courses. These additional costs are not included in your tuition fees.
These fees are outlined in your International Student Written Agreement (letter of offer).