Victoria University is one of only six universities in Australia to offer courses in both TAFE and higher education. From certificates to diplomas, degrees and postgraduate courses, you can begin your studies at any point and pathway between courses to achieve your goals, regardless of your starting point.

Find out how to apply to Victoria University (VU) Polytechnic, which hosts our practical and engaging TAFE courses, including trades, beauty, early-childhood education, professional development short courses – and so much more.

Preparing your application

Before you start your application, make a checklist of the tasks you’ll need to do. 

A step-by-step process is available on the VU Polytechnic site, including:

  • documents you'll need when applying
  • loan criteria
  • eligibility for government subsidies. 

Please read Steps 1 – 4 under 'before you apply', on VU Polytechnic's Apply for a course.

Submitting your application

Once you've prepared and collated all the information and documentation you need to apply for your course.

  • Apply direct to VU Polytechnic, via the course page.
  • We will acknowledge receipt of your application via email.
  • We'll let you know if you need to provide any additional documents, which you can upload as part of your online application.

Pathways to further education

Pathway is a term we use to refer to the different ways you can get into a course or transition between courses at different levels.

You can start your education journey at certificate or diploma level at VU Polytechnic and pathway into a degree or even a PhD at VU, sometimes with credit/advanced standing. You can exit and re-enter education at any time during your career to specialise, re-skill or change careers.

If you aren’t yet eligible for entry into an undergraduate course, one of our selection officers may recommend you start in a pathway course as this will help you step towards your chosen career in a way that supports your success. Find out more about applying through pathways.