Study overseas

Learn about the many options you have to study overseas as part of your degree.

You can study on an exchange placement with a partner institution, study abroad with an institution of your choice or join a study tour or short term program.

In 'Study overseas':

On this page

Travel advisories

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) supports Australians travelling overseas and to help avoid difficulties, they maintain travel advisories for approximately 160 countries/destinations. These are graded according to DFAT's overall assessment of the security situation and are designed to help the traveller assess the level of risk they may face in a particular country.

There are five different levels of advice:

  • be alert to your own security
  • exercise caution and monitor developments that might affect your safety
  • exercise a high degree of caution
  • reconsider your need to travel
  • advised not to travel.

Prior to travelling, we recommend that you access Smart Traveller to determine the level of advice assigned to your destination(s). It is also important that you read the Victoria University's Travel Policy.

Contact us about overseas study

If you have any questions about studying overseas as part of your Victoria University degree, contact Victoria Abroad:

Phone: +61 3 9919 1319 or +61 3 9919 1471

Find photos from past exchange students, upcoming events and information sessions and other updates from the Victoria Abroad Facebook page.

A representative from Victoria Abroad is available to meet with students during semester at:

Monday - Friday (9am – 5pm)
International Office
Level 3 (reception)
City Flinders Lane Campus

Monday - Thursday (9am – 5pm)
International Office
Building M, Level 1, Room 109
Footscray Park campus

Study at VU on exchange

If you are a non-Australian resident studying at an institution outside of Australia, and you are interested in coming to Victoria University as part of your qualification, find out more about student exchange in Melbourne.