As a VU staff member, you have access to a range of benefits and services focused on enhancing and supporting your work and personal life.
Salary & benefits
VU offers competitive salaries, attractive superannuation and a wide range of benefits:
- salary increments and annual leave loading (annual leave loading payment equal to 17.5% of four weeks’ salary is payable for each completed year of a staff member’s service)
- attractive employer superannuation contributions of up to 17% for permanent staff
- flexible working arrangements
- salary sacrifice options
- additional leave at Christmas
- dedicated on-campus
- vehicle leasing through Easi
- discounted yearly Myki pass to travel around Melbourne on trains, trams and buses.
At VU, we provide an environment which enables staff to perform at their best. We support staff to achieve their work goals, develop capabilities and reach their potential career goals; and ultimately deliver successful outcomes.
- free, unlimited online courses with (go to Sign in > Sign in with your organisation account > Enter your VU email address)
- paid study leave and a Professional Staff Development Fund to support selected professional development activities
- staff discount on VU units in undergraduate or postgraduate courses
- Victoria University’s , VU Develop
- Special Studies Program
- professional and leadership development opportunities
- learning, teaching & research development
- secondment opportunities.
Family friendly & inclusive workplace
VU strives to create a family friendly, diverse and inclusive workplace where all staff can succeed. VU offers a range of benefits that aims to enhance and support both work and personal life. We offer:
- generous parental leave including a combination of paid and unpaid leave of up to 52 weeks
- flexible work arrangements
- purchased leave arrangements
- access to , and
- , including parenting rooms, prayer rooms, women's rooms and LGBTQIA pride rooms.
- domestic and family violence support
- a for LGBTIQ+ and gender diverse people including regular workshops and marking days of significance
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness training for staff and marking days of significance
- professional development programs for female staff at different levels. These have included mentoring and shadowing programs and developing career resilience workshops. Female researchers can also apply for out-of-round research grants to assist when returning from parental leave. The University is an .