We have installed a unique large scale structural fire test furnace capable of testing structures under combined structural and fire loading. The fire testing facility is located at Victoria University's Werribee Campus.
The furnace is designed to fire conditions, such as those found in European tunnel fire scenarios. Vertical loading in any configuration up to 250 Ton and horizontal loading of up to 100 Ton is possible.
The furnace is capable of providing fire resistance rating to AS 1530.4, BS 476 Parts 20–24, ISO 834, ISO 3008, ISO 3009 and ASTM E119. In addition, the furnace can test to 2008 -“Efectis-R0695 Fire testing procedure for concrete tunnel linings” and 2006 EFNARC – “Specification and Guidelines for Testing of Passive Fire Protection for Concrete Tunnels Linings”.
The furnace can test the following specimen configurations:
- Wall Specimens – 4550mm W x 3500mm H x 300mm D
- Floor Specimens – 4720mm L x 3745mm W x 300mm T
- Columns – 500mm W x 500mm D x 3000mm L
- Beams – 350mm W x 350mm D x 5000mm L
- Composite Panels – as specified
- T-beams – as specified
- Tunnel Elements – as specified.
The fire test furnace is capable of the following fire curves:
- RijksWaterStaat, NL (RWS)
- Modified HydroCarbon, FR (HCM)
- HydroCarbon Eurocode 1 (HC)
- RABT-ZTV (train) G
- RABT-ZTV (car), G
- ISO 834 Cellulosic Building.
Dr Maurice Guerrieri, Senior Research Fellow
Phone: +61 3 9919 8041