The City of Brimbank is home to two of Victoria University’s campuses – Sunshine Campus and St Albans Campus.
It's an area that is undergoing rapid and significant change, accelerated by an investment influx, growing health and justice industries, and rail and road developments.
About the partnership
We are working with Brimbank Council to:
- increase access to skills, knowledge and jobs in the Sunshine Priority Precinct
- share knowledge, learning and skills, build workforce capability and skills by harnessing the opportunities of major alliances and partnerships with industry and community
- strengthen VU’s campuses as key anchors for learning, skills and engagement at Sunshine and St Albans.
What we're doing in Brimbank
We aim to deepen VU’s engagement with the local communities – adding value to VU’s presence, offer and investment in the City of Brimbank.
Existing partnerships include:
- initiative in partnership with Brimbank City Council
- sponsoring the Brimbank Writers and Readers Festival
- developing the skills industry through our
We seek to improve outcomes for employment, education, community health and wellbeing in the communities surrounding our campuses.
In Brimbank, this will involve:
- engaging with the local communities to make our teaching and training responsive to local needs
- research initiatives for community impact and benefit
- learning, skills and economic development programs
- promoting Brimbank as a major hub of innovation, employment and investment.