What's in the Collection?
The Timor-Leste Collection features a range of books, reports, journals, newsletters, yearbooks and pamphlets that focus chiefly on Timor-Leste as an independent nation but also cover its occupation by other countries. The collection's strengths are economics, development and trade, politics, governance and administration, education, culture, society and history.
It includes titles such as:
- Area study of Portuguese Timor by The Allied Geographical Section, South West Pacific Area (1943)
- Fretilin : the origins, ideologies and strategies of a nationalist movement in East Timor by Helen Hill (1978)
- The struggle in Iliomar : resistance in rural East Timor by Ernest Chamberlain (2003)
- Timor Lorosa'e national survey of citizen knowledge (2002)
- Eastern (Portuguese) Timor : independence or oppression? by Grant Evans (1975)
- The Lorikeet warriors: East Timorese new generation nationalist resistance, 1989-99 by Dan Nicholson (2001)
- East Timor's political parties and groupings : briefing notes by Pat Walsh (2001)
- Australian foreign policy and East Timor by Michael E. Salla (1994)
- Timor-Leste: ita iha nebe ona ohin loron (2003)
- The Timor Story by Dr Helen Hill (1975) - Full text available online