The Victoria University Library provides access to printed materials, electronic publications and other media formats to support the University’s teaching and research programs. Both current and retrospective materials are collected. The coverage is national and international in scope. There is no restriction on the purchase of foreign language material although the collection is predominately English Language.
Collection strengths, beyond the expected undergraduate requirements, have been and will continue to be developed as long as they are required to support University teaching and research. Currently collection strengths are in the areas of:
- Human movement
- Exercise science
Special Collections have been and will continue to be developed in the areas of:
- Australian History; Literature and Art
- Town Planning and Social Policy
- Australian Left Wing Political Groups
- Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Region
- Union of Australian Women
- Multicultural studies and immigration issues
Download the complete text of the Library's Collection Development Guidelines.